We are becoming
“A community of faith, renewed by Jesus, sharing His love with all.”
God’s great love towards all people is expressed in the life, death and resurrection of His Son Jesus.
As we respond in faith to this love, we are forgiven, saved and made right in our relationship with Him. He invites us into community with others who share this common journey of faith, as in humility we seek to share and show His unconditional love with others.
- We Value the Bible..…because God speaks to us through it – revealing to us who He is, how much He loves us, and showing us how to live in this world. (Hebrews 4:12)
- We Value Prayer….. as a way of connecting with God by listening and speaking with Him. (Philippians 4:6)
- We Value Transformation…. as the Holy Spirit works in us, shaping and empowering us to be more like Jesus.(Romans 12:2)
- We Value Diversity…. We live in a bicultural and multicultural community. He waka eke noa – we are all in the canoe together – seeking to honour, respect and embrace all people. (1Corinthians 12:12-27)
- We Value God’s Mission…. God loves all people everywhere so we reach out with grace and humility to all people. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- We Value God’s Kingdom…. so we live out the Kingdom of God by speaking His truth, caring for creation, pursuing justice, loving kindness and walking humbly with Him. (Matthew 6:10, Micah 6:8))
- We Value Relationships.…. so as a growing family/whanau of all ages we experience genuine connectedness as we do life together, serving and loving each other, creating a sense of belonging for all. (Romans 12:9,10; Galatians 6:10)
If anyone is interested in being baptized as a believer we would love to chat with you about that. Baptism is an extremely important value in the life of our church.